Friday, December 15, 2006

Secret Santa?

We've been experiencing a weird thing the last few nights. It started on Wednesday I think. Around 8:30 or 9:00 pm the doorbell rang. That's unusual in and of itself that time of night, or ever really, so it took us a minute or so to answer it.

Once I opened the door there was no one there. At first I thought I had imagined it, and then I noticed that there was something on our front porch. It was a bag of snack mix with a poem attached:

Christmas eve will soon be here.
It's time to share some holiday cheer.
So when the knock comes, do not fear.
Santa's elves have just been near!

We thought that was nice; maybe a neighbor had brought it by or something. But then last night, there's another ring at the door. This time we were more prepared. The Professor got to the door pretty quickly, but still no sight of the elves. This time there was a roll of toiletpaper on a pretty Christmas ribbon on the porch with this poem:

The BATHROOM is often slighted
Wreaths are hung and candles lighted:
So hang this wreath upon the door
To mark the spot and add decor!!

Now we were starting to wonder about our mysterious elves. If there's a clue to their identity in the poems and gifts, then we're still stumped. We spent most of tonight out shopping, but when we returned home, sure enough there was something on the front porch. Tonight's present was a CD of Christmas music with the poem:

Music makes the Holidays ring
Elves near and far love to sing
So our favorite CD we decided to bring
And hope that you will enjoy listening

What is up? The Professor asked his class this morning if they knew anything about it, but apparently they gave no indication that they had a clue. So either they're good bluffers or it's someone else. It's really neat, but I wish I knew who they were! We're thinking of setting up a stake out tomorrow night to see if we can catch them in the act. We'll let you know if we do!

No comments: