Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cookies Anyone?

I don't know what it is about Christmas, but it always seems to bring out my inner psycho Martha Stewart! I decided that it would be a good idea to make cookies for our friends and colleagues at school - about 30 people total.

Not too bad yet, right? I thought that 4 or 5 different types of cookies would be good, and that ended up turning into 52 dozen cookies in all. It took 3 days of baking, but I got all of them baked and packaged into cute little Christmas bags with the type of cookie on a little tag for each one. It ended up being about 1 1/2 dozen cookies per person!

I really did enjoy it; it's nice to be able to do things like this, but I'd sort of forgotten that taking care of a 15 month old and being 20 weeks pregnant is a little tiring. Spending 3 days on my feet baking late into night didn't really help! The Professor actually made me quit and go to bed one night when it was midnight and I wanted to keep going.

Hmm... this doesn't sound as interesting on paper as it did in my head. Regardless, it's what I've been up to this week. That and getting ready for our massive multi-state Christmas car trip. We're really looking forward to seeing family, and the warmer weather will be nice too!

Maybe I'll blog our trip to help record the fun of driving 14+ hours with a toddler. I'm sure that's something everyone wants to experience right?

No comments: