Friday, September 07, 2007

Umm... Hi?

Look at this! We have a blog! Who knew?

So I have no excuse for not posting at all for the last, oh 5 months? I could list some, but it's not worth it. Instead I'll give you the whirlwind tour of our summer - that's much more interesting, yes?

Let's see... we've traveled alot, which I guess isn't surprising since we've always traveled a lot. We expected the Divine Miss M to slow us down a bit though. In some ways she has (we have to start packing the night before instead of the morning we leave!), but in others she hasn't. It helps that she travels really really well. She sleeps in the car and on planes, and just generally seems to enjoy it.

So in April we went to Missouri, June was Tennessee, July was Missouri again, August was Illinois (sort of twice) and Boston (Prof only though), and now the Professor's teaching again, so travel has temporariliy halted. Which means it's time for all of you to come visit us!

We realized the day before the Prof left for Boston that it was the first time we would be apart overnight since M was born. Crazy I know, but it was harder than we anticipated. The first Illinois trip was partly for my Jeopardy audition (!) but also for the Prof to do research with his students.

The second Illinois trip was for our 6th anniversary. We visited Bloomington, and then drove the Great River Road home. It was a great way to celebrate 6 incredible years together. In some ways it's hard to believe it's already been that long! But I also can't remember what it was like not to be together. Thanks for making life so amazing Professor!

Oh, and new pictures are up today on Snapfish if you're interested. Hope your summers were good ones!

No comments: