Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Odds & Ends

Wow time flies. I can't believe the end of the year is in sight! It seems like just yesterday it was cold, snowy, and January instead of cold, snowy, and December!

Classes are done for me (yippee!) and the Professor just gave his final today. After some furious grading tonight and tomorrow we hope to be on our traveling way sometime on Friday. I would try to explain the complexities of our holiday travel schedule, but it's getting late and it would take too long.

Tomorrow's a big day in lots of ways. First our new garage door is being installed! I'll take before and after pictures to show off the difference. I hope it all works out. At this point I can hardly remember what we bought! We are also buying a truck tomorrow. This is actually less impressive than it sounds. A friend is selling us her 1995 Nissan pick-up since her parents are giving her their old car. Isn't the life of a professor exotic and fabulous? We are excited though, even if it isn't the truck of the Professor's dreams. We haven't had two vehicles since we got married - I don't know what we'll do when we can drive off in different directions. Hmmm... maybe it's not such a good thing!

There's also the typical packing and pre-trip stuff to do. Since the Professor has been buried in his books for weeks he hardly realizes it's Christmas, let alone that we're about to leave town for awhile. Though I think the stacks of Christmas cards he's currently signing are beginning to bring it home a bit. Hopefully we'll also get to see a friend tomorrow if he & his son are passing through. So it will be an exciting day!

Let's see... oh, you're probably wondering about a baby update. The short version is still not pregnant. The long version involves low progesterone levels, the possibility of injectible medications the next cycle, and the fact that we're not pursuing treatment this cycle because of Christmas. The timing would have been difficult in terms of scheduling the bloodwork and other tests, so we meet with the doctor in January to talk about some stuff and try again.

I guess that's about it for now. I never did finish the Thanksgiving update, so I can't promise a blow-by-blow of our Christmas/New Year's trip, but I will post from the road if I get a chance. We're in negotiations about taking the laptop with us, but even if we don't we'll be places with computers.

So merry Christmas and hopefully we'll see many of you soon!

No comments: