So we've been working on getting the baby to sleep in her crib, and there has been great progress over the last couple of weeks. At this point she goes to bed there for the night and only joins us in bed if we absolutely can't get her back to sleep in her crib.
Last night was the best night yet. She went to sleep around 8:30, woke up a little after midnight, but I got her back to sleep fairly easily. When she woke up at about 1:30 this morning I poked the Professor to take his turn.
He's a pretty deep sleeper, so when I finally got him awake enough to realize that I wanted him to go calm the baby I thought I heard him reaching for his glasses on the nightstand. Then I heard him talking soothingly to the baby, even though he hadn't gotten up yet. I looked over and realized he was holding the lamp and doing a great job of calming it down.
To his credit the monitor is on his nightstand, so it probably did seem like the crying sounds were coming from the lamp.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment