Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Coming Up For Air

So. First, I had this great post written and all ready to go before I accidentally deleted it while trying to spell check. Here's the abbreviated version with typos, since I'm not risking making the same mistake again.

We started this blog as a means of trying to do a better job of keeping our friends & family in the loop with what's going on with us. Despite our good intentions there's been quite a gap since the last entry. Here's why:


This is also why we fully intend to start updating more often, since I'm guessing you're all much more interested in how she's doing than you were in the cats.

There's so much to say about being a parent (finally), about the details of babycare (breastfeeding, diapers, and sleeping oh my), and just about how incredible she is that I hardly know where to start. So for now this is it.

We're still here; we're better than ever, and we'll do our best to fill you in on everything from how long she slept last night (4 hours & 4 hours with a 1 hour break to eat a snack and look around) to our parenting philosophies (if you can call it that). Or you know, whatever happens to pop into our weary heads.

So yay! And I'll write more later. (Someone's waking up for lunch I think.)

(Oh, and if you're curious about the title, it's because I lost my awesome post where I wrapped everything up by saying that despite the fact that I feel I couldn't have done anything more to prepare for being a parent, I still feel like I've been dropped into the ocean to learn how to swim. Hmm... now that doesn't seem so awesome or make as much sense, but oh well.)

No comments: